Thread: Here are a few things that are good in our CA fisheries.

Default Here are a few things that are good in our CA fisheries.

An old fishery friend sent me some positive things about our California fisheries.

Thus, I want to leave you on a positive note and put some gladness in your heart:

-Think about the Trinity and how much healthier it is and how many more steelhead there are now there compared to the 1980s.

-Think about how good the fishing is for wild resident rainbow trout in the Sacramento River from Redding to Red Bluff. The fishing is better there now than it was 40 years ago. How many places in the lower 48 can one go and catch the number of 18" or larger wild rainbows you can catch on that river now? How many places in the lower 48 can you go catch 24" wild rainbow trout in a river?

-Four dams are coming out on the Klamath River, opening up 400+ miles of spawning and rearing habitat. Just imagine what that might do for steelhead and Chinook salmon. Also, downstream water quality should improve, reducing downstream losses of juveniles to disease and that ought to help the downstream steelhead populations.

Now, I've just listed three pretty positive things, which I hope have led to a great big grin on your part!!!

Most of us know these wonderful facts so we should be celebrating them.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Like!!!!!!