Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Natoma Trout

There are no trout at lake natomas and it's been like that for a long time. Don't waste your time with fish stories from long time ago and wishful thinking. The best fishing at lake natoma is for huge carp.
    Last edited by mogaru; 06-26-2024 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    Steelies, I understand your feelings for as many years, days, and hours as you have spent fishing around Sacramento.

This is happening all over the World now.

Fisheries are almost all in decline and the Internet is putting more pressure on what are still pretty good areas.

Where we are living, the Sebastian Inlet is one of the top 10 destinations in all of Florida.

10% of the anglers are pretty good and 90% are 'Googans', as Marty calls them here in Florida.

Marty went out very early yesterday and hooked about a dozen Snook and one big Jack.

Attachment 19995

He only fished for about 3 hours of a tide cycle and then went home to take a break.

Later Marty, my FL mentor, took me out for the outgoing tide for Pompano around noon.

Some of the locals commented, you back again and he replied, "Went home to eat and take a break."

Lots of Snook we caught too. At that time of day, most were smaller fish.

There was a wild bite of Jacks going off but we were after Pompano. I got one for dinner.
    Marty is a fishing MACHINE! and one hell of a great guy also. I'm glad you guys found each other. Please give him my best regards and tell him the stripers are alive and well over here...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cal Fisher View Post
    I am sorry that you feel that way. If you are worried that I am going to ruin the fishery, I never say my location when I post fish. I'll even blur the background of the photo. The fish caught there are few and far between so I hope you know that the fish don't get much pressure.

Hope you catch fish the next time you go out
    Wasn't directed at you actually... I don't blame you for asking about those trout... What/Who I don't appreciate is the guy on Fishbrain that posted GPS coordinates and specific info. I watched many boats harvest limits of wild trout last year and it pissed me off and hurt my heart to be honest. I wish you well

Sometimes I walk the bike path on the south side. Seeing people swimming close to where it is said the water is toxic coming out of Aerojet makes me cringe. It may not be true but.".. I almost stepped on a rattler last week.
    I have fished the canyon above the bridge with plugs big bass in there. Hard to get to on foot.

I heard that Aerojet can not sell their property because the hazardous waste cleanup would bankrupt them.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Being in construction trades, I’ve heard many stories from guys that have worked on projects there.
    Remember when they tested the booster engines? Rocked the area.