PDA

View Full Version : Dec Hogan Classes

Terry Thomas
03-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Dec Hogan will be giving his one day classes again this year through Kiene's Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop. The two dates this year will be on May 18th and 19th. The cost for the class will remain the same as when Dec started with us six years ago: $250.00. The class will be held on the American River in Sacramento and run from 9 in the morning until @3 in the afternoon. This class will cover all the basic two hand casts as well as fishing techniques with a spey rod. Some experience with a two hand rod is recommended. If you are an intermediate to advanced caster, Dec can always help you with your casting and fishing techniques. We will provide lunch for the students. Please call the shop for registration. Names will be placed on the list upon payment. If you have any questions, please email me at hatcrek@comcast.net. The shop number is 916-486-9958.
Terry Thomas

Jeff Putnam
03-18-2013, 11:25 AM
What an opportunity to learn skills from "THE MAN"! Dec has spent many, many years fishing and guiding for steelhead. If you are interested in spey fishing for steelhead you should attend this lesson and you will learn a wealth of knowledge. Be sure to get his book " A Passion for Steelhead" if you don't already have it. JP

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-18-2013, 04:40 PM
If you can get into a two-handed class with pros like Dec Hogan, Jeff Putnam, Doug Duncan or Simon Gawesworth it is always a good thing.

I have been lucky to have had some help from all of them.......I still need more help too.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Dec usually does a fun SH fly tying session for those who sign up for his classes on that Saturday evening, May 18, 2013, at the shop.

You can sign up for Satuday, the 18th or Sunday the 19th of May.

Terry Thomas
04-10-2013, 08:01 PM
For those planning on doing both days, Dec will reduce the price to $450.00.

Terry Thomas
05-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Our Saturday class is full, however, we still have room in the Sunday class. Give the shop a call or send me an email.
Thanks,
Terry
Kiene's 916-486-9958
hatcrek@comcast.net

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I took that class a few years ago and Dec just told me a few things that I was doing wrong and wow, it really helped.

It is a wonderful experience just getting around someone with his background in Steelheading.

If you want to keep improving your two-handed game, well this is going to help.