PDA

View Full Version : Rio Max heads

FISHEYE
04-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I purchased some used ones from a friend. There are loops on both ends but one is colored. I am assuming the colored end goes to the running line. IS THIS CORRECT?

BigSmallFly
04-15-2012, 03:12 PM
I believe so. It doesn't make much sense to me to have a color change at the head.

Darian
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
The profiles of those heads from the RIO website shows that only the type 3 and 6 heads have a welded loop of a different color than the balance of the head. The floating and intermediate heads have the same colored loop. None show a front loop. So, if yours have loops on both ends, they may've been a custom add-on (?). 8-)

I was going to suggest measuring the taper but found that RIO Max heads have a back as well as a front taper.... Who knew. ;)

john
04-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Phil--they were on the Spool in the correct direction. And no, Darian, they were not "add-ons".

FISHEYE
04-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Good info and thanks for the heads John. I assumed they were on the sppol correctly, but I took them off to put them in a ziplock w/o marking them first. The ones I am taking are the type 3 and type 6 so that answers the question.