PDA

View Full Version : Colorado FF

JohnS
07-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I will be in Breckenridge from July 10-16th. I was looking for a Co Blue River FF board similar to this one but couldn't find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA
John

Troutstalker55B
07-02-2011, 06:12 PM
John,

I lived there from 92 - 97 and www.breckenridgeoutfitters.com/ & www.mountainangler.com/ gave me great info while fishing out there. My favorite river there was the South Platte in Park Co. - From the headwaters, through tomahawk, the dream stream, 11-mile canyon, and cheeseman.

Have a great time and if you go through Alma go to the AlMart store and tell them Jonny B. sent you.

Jet
07-03-2011, 08:18 AM
John, Believe it or not they say there is some good fishing right below the Highway bridge by the outlet stores. I have not fished it much but the seem to be a lot of private land on the Blue. The links above should get you some good info.

Jet

JohnS
07-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the help Jon and Jet. Joe, how's the new job?

Jet
07-04-2011, 10:01 AM
It's the same job just have to do it here in New Mexico. Been sick all last week as my body is fighting this harsh environment. High Altitude and low humidity not mention being surrounded by wild fires. Other that its great. Have not had time to find some fish yet. Will be hooking up with Joey and my brother on July 20 in Utah and then off to Montana.

Good luck in CO,

Jet

Jay
07-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Was just there june 6-11. the blue is an awesome river. lots of really big fish. it was blown when I was there though. just a 23" brown and a few smaller fish for me in 2 days of fishing. sz 18 epoxy mysis was the best. Fish from the dam down to just past Cutthroat Anglers. It is all public through there.