PDA

View Full Version : Lion alert on the American .....

David Lee
08-17-2007, 07:23 AM
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1187230742

David

gryhackl
08-17-2007, 11:50 AM
David
There were lion sightings this past spring along the lower American. I wonder if it's the same cat.

David Lee
08-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Could very well be , Tom .

Nobody's been eaten yet , I just thought I'd remind everyone to be careful (don't wear your buckskins whilst creepin' around in the brush ....) and keep your eyes open .

David

jhaquett
08-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Since we are a bunch that fishes as far into the brush as humanly possible whenever possible it may be fun to have a thread about people's experiences with mountain lions? If not, ignore me. :D

I, personally, have seen fresh tracks, thats it though. My girlfriend's parents were stalked in Battle Creek Canyon near dusk, which is pretty cool.

Adam Grace
08-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Dude, being stalked is NOT cool :lol:

NOT cool at all :shock:

flyman
08-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Also want to remind everyone that there seems to be an abundance of rattle snakes everywhere this summer. My Black Lab was bitten this past Tuesday evening as we were hiking in the Shell Ridge Open Space in Walnut Creek. We were walking on a groomed trail and there was no warning from the snake. No rattles until after the strike. She survived after a $2,100 emergency vet bill.

A friend of mine killed a 6 foot rattler on the first tee of the Oakhurst Golf Club in Clayton recently by driving over it with the golf cart.

Please be careful.

Bryan Morgan
08-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Heard about the report last week at Sailor bar. The gate keeper showed me where he spotted it. Keep your eyes open, but it is thier backyard too. 8)

Michael Baker
08-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I was fishing some private property in the Sierras about ten years ago. Wanted to fish this particular small stream but when I got to the cleared area where we head up the ravine I spotted some big-a** tracks. Then I saw the smaller set. Decided mom and baby could have that ravine! I would find another! "Can't we all just get along?"

Mike

Adam Grace
08-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Flyman, sorry about the incident with your dog and the huge bill, that dog better learn how to tie flies or something to pay you back :lol: